First of all, I hereby award A Paladin In Citadel 3d10 +5 Cool Points for his new Banner. Groovy!
For the past month or so, I’ve been using Windows Live Writer for blogging. It’s pretty cool and free. You can save drafts locally; post directly to your blog; edit something after posting and repost it without creating a double post or screwing up your formatting or anything; edit the pictures, etc., you’re using; insert tables, links, videos, and other things; create various types of headings; and a lot of other stuff! No, no one has paid or strong-armed me into writing this. I found Blogger’s posting software to be a bit of a pain, and just wanted to share. BE SURE to uncheck all the crap you don’t want installed!!!! Lamentably, they try to get you to install a bunch of other programs as well. If anyone knows of any other free, quality blog posting software, please leave a comment.
I recently found a copy of Michael Moorcock’s essay, Epic Pooh, online. Taking Tolkien, et al, to task.
Crimson Shadows - The Best of Robert E. Howard Vol 1 is available as a legal, free pdf download on Scribd. A part of the Suvudu Free Library. Over 500 pages of REH goodness, including the Conan tales The People of the Black Circle and Beyond the Black River; arguably, the finest Conan story ever written.
That’s it, for tonight. I think I’ll tool around on the laptop and go link hunting. I’ll let you know if I find anything good.

I cannot take any credit for my banner. Fred Fields, who did the covers for several dozen TSR modules in the 1990's, is the artist of that illustration. He is a superb artist, and did the cover for the A Paladin In Hell adventure, published in 1998.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.fredfields.net/
I really dislike the blogger posting software, thanks for the tip, I will have to check out the other software in early December.
NEAT x5000!
ReplyDeleteABSOLUTELY!!!!
ReplyDeleteI certainly agree with your opinion and wonderful choice of Robert E. Howard. My gosh, Robert was one of the key elements that got me started into creative writing when I was a little lad. As a published author of my own epic fantasy world and series, in my fist book I thanked Robert E. Howard along with some others on a very short list of Authors.
Thanks for sharing this!!!!