I never, never find D&D shit at the thrift store. I live in a fairly large, metropolitan area. Plenty of gamers. I find good books, quite often. But nary a D&D book in sight. Finally, the Thrift Store Gods smiled upon me.
2nd printing. Sound binding, very clean interior. Only a very slight bit of bend, to the boards. .99 cents. Now, if someone would just throw out a copy of Warriors of Mars…

.99 cents! Wow
ReplyDeleteYeah, they put it with the children's books, so it was half price. LOL
ReplyDeleteNice find! James over at 'Adventures In Gaming' found 'Outdoor Survival' today at a thrift store for 99 cents. Must have been the day for finds.
ReplyDeletehttp://jamesmishler.blogspot.com/
I like it when you find one with the interior pages colored.
ReplyDeleteEr, make that $2.50. My own copy of OS was 99 cents + S/H (thanks, eBay!)
ReplyDeleteDamn sweet!
ReplyDeleteTHat's practically free! COngrats, on the awesome find.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys! Now I have one for me and one for my wife. I wanna pick up one more, for general player use.
ReplyDeleteMan, nice job! I'm very jealous! Wrap that sucker in plastic and put it away!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! The best kind of find!
ReplyDeleteYou lucky b@st@rd! Congrats! ;D
ReplyDeleteCiao!
Grendelwulf
:)
ReplyDelete@Christian: A friend of mine did that to his PHB. Sacrilege I say!
ReplyDeleteLast week a guy dropped off some "old junk" at the FLGS that his wife found while cleaning. The store owner gave them to me. It was (2) copies of the Basic Box Set, and (1) copy of the Expert Set. Complete with dice and Crayon, and in very good condition. Woot!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!
ReplyDeleteExcellent fortune, James. :D
ReplyDeleteNeat find. Now you just want the D&DG with Cthulhu and Melnibonean mythos for the same price...that would really be worth a Woot!
ReplyDelete@Daddy Grognard
ReplyDeleteI once found one at a used book store for $4.
Brian - Woot! Even neater find. On one RPG site in the UK, they're going for somewhere between £40 and £55, which is four times what I paid for mine.
ReplyDeleteI'm not jealous. At all. Really.
ReplyDeleteNot even a little.
ReplyDeleteThis is the most awesome find in the history of awesome finds ever. It is such an awesome find that the post itself becomes an awesome find. That's how awesome I find this awesome find.
ReplyDeleteWow! I think this the most commented post I've had, yet. Thanks guys! :)
ReplyDelete