Thursday, May 13, 2010

More Publicity for the Thrift Store Gods

"...information is the source of all wealth" – Robert Anton Wilson

So, a few weeks ago, I was cruising through the thrift store, when I saw this:

!Bpik(pQBGk~$(KGrHqMOKj8EuhRtcZvhBLr3-f4Njw~~_12

A shrinkwrapped copy of Avalon Hill’s Acquire. The thrift store wanted $3.88 for the game. Not my cup of tea, but thanks to a few years of heavy wheeling and dealing on ebay, I knew what it was really worth. I snatched it up.

After listing it on ebay, I made enough profit to cover the costs of this Acquisition:

Picture 004With about .40 cents to spare.  They look really nice in Hardcover. :)

9 comments:

  1. Nice!
    I've had some great success at Thrift Stores also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mother bought a bunch of costume jewelry at a garage sale last summer... a buck for the lot. One piece was a gold charm bracelet. She just sold it for about $900 at spot gold price.

    Best I've done is some old Time magazines ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Can't ever pass up those thrift stores you never know what treasures you'll find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! It was pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the how the flash reflection makes him look like a superhero.

    ReplyDelete