The Dark Tower Confirmed, Will Utilize Both Film And Television To Bring Roland To Life
Ok, I've been wanting to see this for a long, long time. Please, for the love of God, don't let them screw it up!
I'm afraid I might find out how the really devoted LotR fans, felt after Peter Jackson's movies. I like them personally.
I was still fairly young when Conan came out. 14 I think. Old enough to hate the "Conan the Slave" origin, but not old enough to get really pissed and outraged about the whole thing.
The Dark Tower is my favorite Epic Fantasy. I started reading it when The Drawing of the Three was published. I waited patiently for over a decade, while Mr. King finished his Magnum Opus.
So, we'll see. I've decided to be cautiously optimistic.


I saw this news last night. As a big fan of The Dark Tower I'm looking forward to it.
ReplyDeleteHi Trey - It has the potential to be Awesome!
ReplyDeleteI bet it'll be frelling awesome! Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteHi Patternwalker! I'm crossing my fingers...
ReplyDeleteLoved the first Dark Tower book. I gradually lost interest as I read the books that followed, and never finished the series.
ReplyDeleteWorth another try I gather?
Hi Paladin! I certainly think so.
ReplyDeleteVery cool, if they do it right.
ReplyDeleteOf course, one major stumbling block to a 3 pictures+ and 2 TV series+ deal would be with Jake. He doesn't get that much older in the books from Gunslinger to Dark Tower, but the actor will.
Anyway, fingers crossed that they do this awesomely. I'm with you, James. I started reading The Dark Tower when Drawing of the Three was published, and love the story. It's the sort of thing that could well tick me off into nerd-rage if they mess it up.
Paladin--the ending is very different than the beginning, but I think it's a great story and the ending feels right. Not great, but right. I'd recommend reading them.
It is always cool when they get it right. Problem is, so few actually do. If we ease up on the reigns of our expectations, allowing for creative license (and remembering King will be the Producer), it shouldn't be half bad.
ReplyDeleteFollow the beam!