Sunday, November 7, 2010

OSR News from the Underdark Gazette - Saturday, November 7, 2010

Open Call for Petty Gods

James Maliszewski of Grognardia posted an Open Call for Petty Gods, an homage to Judges Guild's The Unknown Gods. He reports that he's getting an outstanding response and if you wish to submit an entry or artwork, the deadline is December 31, 2010. Details in the original post. Also, updates here and here.

This is a very, very cool idea and a product I'm looking forward to seeing in print. And a perfect example, of why this is such a great time to be playing TSR era Games & Clones.

The project was inspired by a post, from Blair of Planet Algol: Another OSR Product I'd Like To See. The very next day, Blair's wish was on it's way to becoming a reality. I would suggest, he might want to post his desire for a Winning Lottery Ticket, for WotC to once again sell PDF's of TSR era products and an Economic Upturn.

Free Downloads

Jesse Walker has released Encounter #3.

Ckutalik of Hill Cantons posted a link to a Mountebank class PDF.

eggofcoot has posted a link to his Big Brown Book.


JDJarvis of Aeons & Augauries posted a very cool map, a few days ago.

Robert Conley of Bat in the Attic posted a couple of links to a PDF of Southland, as well as The Elf Lord's Temple.

Media Releases

I Hit It With My Axe: Episode 34: Performing Experiments On Your Friends.




In Other News

As you may have heard, Jim Ward is very ill. If you would like to help, see Michael Curtis' post for more info. 

What I'm Pimping This Week


Does the idea of spellcasting  players, mangling your precious 1st Edition AD&D Player's Handbook every game session, getting Cheetos dust and pizza grease all over the pages, fill you with dread and inspire you to scarf up an extra half dozen copies off of ebay, while you still can? Fear not! Kellri has you covered! 

"A COMPREHENSIVE LISTING OF MAGIC-USER, ILLUSIONIST, CLERIC and DRUID SPELLS, PUBLISHED BY TSR FOR USE WITH 1st Edition ADVANCED DUNGEONS & DRAGONS™ FEATURING COMPILED COMMENTARIES & NOTES."
Did I mention it was free? I love pimping fee stuff! And don't miss his other PDF downloads, CDD #4 in particular.

About the News

"Unless otherwise noted, all links to products and files are to the individual authors sites, pertinent posts, or sales pages. I don’t link directly to files, unless that is the only link available. The OSR News is produced as a service to the community and is entirely a non-commercial endeavor on my part. I have received no remuneration for advertising, reviewing or reporting on any of the items appearing herein. Please feel free to send me information on any new releases, events, or other items of interest, which you would like to see mentioned.
"As always, the What I’m Pimping This Week section of the OSR News and its accompanying blog widget, feature products which I have purchased, or in the case of this weeks item, which I received a reviewer copy of (or items which are available for free download) and wish to support. No one has asked me to spotlight their material in this section and I have received no payment of any kind for doing so."

3 comments:

  1. Hi James. I had just posted a comment on your other blog. I stopped by to check on your dad.

    Also, I read your newsletter. It's very cool that you do this. And I dig the layout of your site. Lots of fun stuff to look at.

    Hope Brisco is enjoying Harry Potter. Also very cool.

    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Happy Whisk! He's doing ok. I'm about to take him to Wal-mart.

    Brisco loves HP. :) Thanks for stopping by! I'm glad you're enjoying the site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A trip to Wally World, that is good news. Glad Brisco loves Potter. So great. Yes, I am enjoying your site. I also like that so many gamers are writers, artists, photographers and cooks. So many interesting people. Very cool.

    Enjoy your trip to Wally World :-)

    ReplyDelete