Sorry for the lack of posts. I've been busy on other things and that's likely to continue for the next few weeks.
I blogged some time ago about a second group of gamers I had been playing with. Rotating GM's. I was going to run OpenQuest for them, but dropped out before starting. My wife's doctor had determined that her thyroid cancer had returned, for the second time in the past five years and I decided to confine my gaming to the home front, while we prepared for another round of radiation treatments. There were other considerations, both related and unrelated.
Good news. My wife's current doctor, stymied, decided to send her to a specialist in Ohio. Who, being at the top of his field, has access to all sorts of new, state-of-the-art tech. We were very, very fortunate that this busy, highly in demand doctor agreed to see my wife.
After running some newfangled tests, the specialist informed her that her difficulties were being caused by the recent radiation treatments she's had and being prescribed too much artificial thyroid replacement hormone, which was done to try and suppress the cancer. Or, as he put it:
"You don't have cancer and probably haven't had it in twenty years."
We're very, very pleased by this. :)
Long story short, I'm picking up the away game again and have been asked to run this Friday. The group has gotten so large, 12 - 20 members, depending on if everyone shows up, that they're splitting it in two and are going to run two games at the same location, every other week.
I'm still working on the OSRIC/Greyhawk thing, but it's not ready for prime time yet. I'll probably save it for the home game, when it kicks off again.
So, I'm going to run my houseruled 0e/S&W. I've got a few things ready to use, but I'll spend the next day or two mulling that over and putting it together.

James, I'm really happy for your wife, and for your entire family.
ReplyDeleteGreat news James! Glad to hear everything is good with the wife. That has got to be a huge, giant, gargantuan relief.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, sounds like a good time. That many people. You can kill off a few characters and not even notice. Fodder for the field. Have fun.
Great news, glad to hear things are finally looking up. :)
ReplyDeleteThe best kind of news, glad to hear and enjoy the respite!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with either the OQ or the Greyhawk!
Wonderful news, James!
ReplyDeleteThat's great news. Thanks for sharing and a Big Hello to your wife, from me.
ReplyDeleteAwesome buddy, outstanding!
ReplyDeleteGreat news! Did you go to the Cleveland Clinic? (I live in Cleveland). Looking forward to future posts.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! We're very relieved!
ReplyDelete@Dylan - it was in Columbus.
Great news James!
ReplyDeleteGreat news James & all my love plus my prayers to you both. Best news I've heard all day!
ReplyDeleteWow. I hope the new diagnosis/prognosis is correct, and if so, you and your family are blessed. Great news! I miss the UG, but I'm glad you the man are doing well in the hiatus.
ReplyDeleteThat's incredible news!
ReplyDeleteWonderful News for you and yours. Glad to here it.
ReplyDeleteThat's one hell of a news man, glad to hear it :D
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to read more about these games, especially on the HR'd S&W front. Any chance the Underdark Gazette is coming back soon? Pliiiiz I really miss it!!!
Awesome news!
ReplyDeleteThat's incredible news!
ReplyDeleteThe best news ever!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! :)
ReplyDelete@ ll Male - Soon. Got a few more things to get squared away.
James, frickin' awesome news!
ReplyDeleteWow, that's like winning the lottery x a jillion! Great news!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news for you and your wife. Stuff the lottery, thats what I call a win!
ReplyDeleteGreat news. One of the things that makes me happy to live in Columbus is access to awesome doctors. My wife got hit with a rare blood problem (about 1 in a million) and the doctors in Columbus were able to diagnose it and treat it and she made a full recovery.
ReplyDeleteWow, amazing! Very happy for you and your wife!
ReplyDeleteHappy news, James!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteYea! Congrats. That's great news.
ReplyDeleteHi everyone! Thanks!
ReplyDelete@Patrick - Wonderful! Glad to hear it!
Hurray for good news! Best wishes to your family.
ReplyDeleteThat is great news, congrats!
ReplyDeleteD.
Excellent news. Really pleased for you, your wife and your family, James.
ReplyDeleteJust saw this. I'm very happy for you and your wife!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations.
ReplyDeleteAnother useful lesson about medical expertise and sparing no expense where health is concerned.
That is awesome! Always happy to hear about things like this. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Alexander! Thanks!
ReplyDelete