Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In Which I Steal a Line from James Maliszewski and Make Big Plans for March 27

OSRIC is Mine!

I know I probably should have waited for the Black Blade/Usherwood release. It's going to have a heavier paper stock. But, I was ordering something from Lulu anyway, had a 25% discount code and had been waiting for the latest OSRIC update to go through. I decided I had waited long enough and went ahead and ordered the B&W HC! It arrived yesterday! I'll steal another line, this one from Dilios in 300: Glorious!

And now, after a year of waiting, two serious health crises in my immediate family, the passing of both of my wife's parents and a ton of other real life stuff, March 27 is the day! Barring something really, really bad or really, really good, I'll be kicking off my Labyrinth Lord Campaign! I have three confirmed players and need to check in with three maybe's. But at last, it's on! Which means, I need to get my ass in gear!

Of course, now I'm wanting to run OSRIC!* Damn you, Gamer ADD!

*and S&W, AD&D, etc., etc., and etc. But Especially OSRIC!

13 comments:

  1. Ha, nice score again James. And no sticker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your game- nothing's so exciting as a brand new campaign...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tim - Yea, verily!

    Hi Ragnardbard - Thanks!

    I just put Brisco to bed and we spent about 20 minutes or so, looking at the pictures and charts in OSRIC and talking about the game. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OSRIC makes a very nice replacement for my AD&D books. The cover screams AD&D to me. I gave out soft cover copies at on of the seasonal gatherings of my old gaming group last year. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tenkar - My gaming collection feels much more complete, now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I turn 40 on March 27th! Slay some orcs to commemorate me needing reading glasses and Depends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Christian! I went for an eye exam and new contact prescription a couple of months ago. The Dr. said everything was fine and there was no real change in my eyesight. I went back a week later and picked up several boxes of contact lenses. 2 days later, my eyes suddenly said "screw this" and suddenly, I need bi-focal lenses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still maintain that the B&W OSRIC is the best RPG buy out there. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet, excellent way to spend your gold. Hope you have a great start on the 27th, new campaigns are always awesome... or to quote Mr. Sheen they're #winning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought it too with the same coupon! It's a great book! Very excited to add it to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Matthew - I saw that. I also know of the hidden lair, where that particular treasure is stored.:)

    Howdy ze bulette - Yes!

    Hi John! HA! The morning drive time radio show I listen to has been giving the #winning thing hell, this week!

    Howdy Jim - Groovy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, James. I did the same exact thing! the 25% off enticed me. I struggled between buying OSRIC and Labyrinth Lord but prefer 1e rules over basic and to do that with LL I'd have to buy both books. therefore I settled on the 400+ page OSRIC. Can't wait. I'll pick up LL later.

    ReplyDelete