I scrapped my last region hex. It was mostly practice and I decided to go in a different direction. This is the map I wanted to make and where I’ll be starting things off.
Regional Map: Hex 1712
1 hex = 5 miles
Click for Larger Version.
I’m hoping to find a little time over the next few days, to start on the key. Maybe by Saturday night. I expect to spend much of Friday and Saturday playing with my little boy and his new toys.
I’m planning on starting my new campaign in the Spring of 2010. My wife is having Radiation Treatments for cancer in January; hopefully, our lives will be back on a relatively normal schedule by April, or thereabouts. The date is tentative, as not only will she need to be feeling well enough to actually have a bunch of D&D players over, but, as my wife plays, I’m waiting until she feels up to participating. We’ve been through this before, so, we have a fairly comprehensive idea of what to expect.
I’ve also been planning a second game, for family only, with which to introduce both my father and my son to D&D. We’ve had to reschedule a few times, but, we’re now on for New Years weekend. Hex 1712 is slotted for my 2010 game, so, I need to come up with something for next weekend.
I had decided to run Swords & Wizardry for my family game and AD&D next year. But, I’ve been giving serious thought to running S&W, instead of AD&D in 2010. Which got me to thinking…
Last weekend, I went on a gift-card induced PDF shopping spree. Amongst other things, I picked up Larm from Brave Halfling Publishing and the illustrated version of Labyrinth Lord. I wanted to make a nice printed copy of the latter, so, went ahead and shelled out the gifted plastic. I might just run LL for my family and start the party in Larm, using the LL Known World. Or, stick with S&W and use Larm. Either way, I’m pretty damn sure I’m using Larm.
I’m not sure if the Family Game will end up being more than a one-shot, or not. It just depends on how much fun Brisco (my son) has. I’m also wondering if my pop is going to chicken out. As much as he loves Pulp Fantasy and Science Fiction, he’s bound to enjoy the game, if he gives it a chance.
Until later, Merry Christmas to all!

Larm looks pretty cool. I may have to check that out. I'm lad your son is interested in gaming. It's great to watch kids get excited about dice and miniatures.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to your wife. Here's to a speedy recovery!
With my wife and I both being gamers, he never really had a chance :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind thoughts, and Merry Christmas!
I picked up Larm a while back with the same thing in mind. Looks like a good way to kick-start a campaign.
ReplyDeleteYup. Brave Halfling has been putting out some great stuff!
ReplyDeleteI got Larm a bit ago, haven't had the chance to use it yet. I do like it. It's a nice starting adventure/setting.
ReplyDeleteBill: Yeah, I think I can have some fun with it :)
ReplyDelete