Thursday, December 17, 2009

World Hex & Regional Hex 1913

Somewhere, along the way, I downloaded a really cool multi-layer hex template w/brushes for Gimp. Someone at the Cartographer’s Guild, maybe? Thank you to the person who uploaded it, as I finally got around to checking it out and it’s exactly what the doctor ordered. I laid the hex and number layers over my worldmap, and viola! Click the pictures for larger versions.

1 Hex = 150 Miles.

hex

I scavenged some of the tiles from the old AKS hexmapper for the map of World Hex 1913. 1913 is right on the western edge of civilization, in this particular part of the world. I’m planning on starting things near this hex, but, it’s up to the player’s to decide if they want to travel there. I only have a vague idea about the ruins in Regional Hex 0309, below, but 3216 is Michael Curtis’ Stonehell. There’s not much in this hex that the player’s would be aware of, but, I feel the need to add more ruins, or something. There’s a lot of empty wilderness.

1 Hex = 5 Miles.

1913

I still need to make the key, etc. Hell, I still need to name the bloody world.

No comments:

Post a Comment