Friday, June 18, 2010

I’ve Joined The Birmingham Area Dungeons & Dragons Meet-up Group

The Birmingham Area Dungeons & Dragons Meet-Up Group.

Several people sent me a greeting, right after I joined. They seem very friendly and stonehell_cover_sidebarI’m looking forward to meeting everyone. The group meets on Saturday’s, twice a month, so if I stay involved I’ll have to move my home campaign to Friday or Sunday.

I’ll be attending the July 10th meeting and plan to show up with a whole bunch of OSR goodness, to show everyone. I’ll also be prepared to Run This:

The meeting on the 10th may be a bit slow, due to PlayonCon, a local convention, which I’m unfamiliar with. I’m looking forward to meeting some new gamers! From what I’ve read, the folks involved like trying new games. That’s a good thing! :)

I’ll be back tomorrow, with the Saturday News!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats. Nobody at the Meetups around here will play anything except 3.5/4e. Seriously. (And if you're not female, forget greetings!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their communications have mentioned several strange little games, I haven't heard of. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember a big gaming store in Birmingham, though it was back when I was in college in Atlanta--Lion and Unicorn, maybe? Does that place still exist?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope! Lion and Unicorn was awesome! Friendly, well stocked. One day, it was just gone! Now we have Legions, which I haven't been to in years and Nord's Games, a small but fancy little store in the Galleria Mall. Nord's has an ok selection of RPG stuff and a great selection of boardgames. Not exactly a FLGS kinda place, though. Legion's is ok, but the proprietor pissed off my wife one day, so ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just phoned Legion and the guy who answered doesn't think they're participating in Free RPG Day tomorrow. The guy at Nord's said "I think we might be." Sigh. I Miss Lion & Unicorn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I wish I had seen this posting earlier.

    There's a new (albeit, quite small) in Leeds. I just ran the PFRPG Free RPG Day offering there this afternoon. It's called Bud's Place, and they mostly have a bunch of folks there playing warhammer and MtG. But, they also have a few enthusiastic RPGers in the ranks. I am running the Kingmaker AP there on Friday nights, they have a regular RuneQuest (!) game, they play Shadowrun, Traveller, 3.5, etc. They seem to have an abiding dislike of 4e, and I bet they could be convinced to play the bejeebers out of some Old Skool.

    ReplyDelete