This month, on the 22nd, I will be celebrating my 42nd birthday. Today, I received the last of my presents (so far as I know) in the mail.
The Fight On! Hardcover Compendiums! Woo-Hoo! I also got issue 9, which arrived several days ago.
Of course, since my wife, Jillena, got me these, which cost a nice little chunk of change, I’ll have to wait a few weeks before I can order Mr. Raggi’s boxed set. I hope they last long enough. But, the Fight On! Compendium’s were only available for a limited time. The month of June. I definitely wanted to get them while the getting was good and I really, really wanted em! I hope Fight On! won the June Lulu Sales Contest. I haven’t heard the results, yet.
These were from my wife, but I decided to get myself a little something, as well. Namely, the PDF
of Mythmere’s Adventure Design Deskbook Vol. 2. I printed it out tonight and just need to slide the cardstock sheets into some protectors and pop them into a binder. I always print out my PDF’s on cardstock, because I like the nice and sturdy copy, it produces. Combined with sheet protectors and a decent binder or folder of some sort and I get a nice looking, very durable copy!
Matt Finch is my favorite OSR designer. I absolutely love his work and the first volume of the Deskbook series, is fantastic! I can’t wait to read Vol. 2.
My dad got me a 4 gig flash drive. I needed another one. He also got me this:
We both dig AC/DC, so it’s a cool thing, we can bond over. No Bull is a good concert film, though AC/DC - Live at Donington is better.
So, tonight I’ll pop in some AC/DC and maybe read some Fight On! Or finish work on a couple of projects.
I shall return, shortly. With more hexmap stuff and maybe another post in the Cheap DM series.

Quite a haul! And happy early birthday! Since I'll be out of town on the actually day I figured I should ge that in early. ;)
ReplyDeleteVery nice. Maybe let us knmow how you like the Adventure Design Book 2. I've been eyeballing that one myself.
ReplyDeleteOh and Happy Birthday.
Thanks guys!
ReplyDeleteEr, the title of this post was deceptive. I thought were were talking about a totally different kind of booty ;-)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, any kind of booty is good booty! Happy B-day!
Thanks Drance!
ReplyDeleteHooray! Happy Birthday. Nothing like receiving cool treasure in the mail!
ReplyDeleteHowdy bliss_infinite - How very true! Thanks!
ReplyDelete