It’s been a busy week, but, hopefully, I can get back to a more frequent posting schedule. I was out of town on a holiday visit for a few days and I’ve had several other irons in the fire, lately. I did manage to basically finish the world map for my upcoming campaign. I’ve created a site to host larger copies of the map and close-up example, so, those interested can click the picture.
I’m still no great cartographer. Maybe four or five campaigns down the road…
I need to take a few days and practice with the technique I used for the mountains. Only a handful of them turned out anywhere near the way I wanted. But, I was in a hurry to get the map made. A complete visual might help me to sort out what to do with this weird little world.
I’ve been mulling over several ideas in regards to the gods, world history, etc. Some of these thoughts tie in to my Random Angel Generator, though, I’ll have to make a few tweaks to the tables. I expect I’ll have some stuff ready, in the next few days.
Now, as to Odds & Ends, have you guys found The Metal Earth, yet?

Hey James - neat maps and colour scheme. If it had a hex overlay, it could be Greyhawk quality. I'm envious of anyone who manages to use computers to do maps, being a luddite myself in that area.
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot of sea - is the naval side of things going to play a big part?
Gods and history - I'm moving towards that part of my campaign with the Elesalia posts, so you'll probably see that in the next week or so - mythos soon after.
Keep the good stuff coming!
Looks good to me. You should see my game maps. Not pretty.
ReplyDeleteHowdy Daddy Grognard! If you want to see some real cartography, go here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/
ReplyDeleteWith the tutorials found above, and this little program, http://www.gimp.org/ you can surpass my meager efforts in no time.
Yeah, assuming things have evolved to that point, Navies are going to rule!
Welcome Brunomac - I've been following the Temple, but, I didn't know about Acheron Lives! I'll add it to my blog roll.