New and Upcoming Releases
From Gold Piece Publications, the premier issue of Oubliette is now available!
“OUBLIETTE - A monthly magazine for old school fantasy roleplayers.
32 jam-packed pages including: a 10 page adventure, new rules, original fiction, reviews, artwork and more ...
Plus 2 free sheets of stand-up, full-colour figures to supplement the adventure.
Written for Labyrinth Lord but also ideal for use with any Basic/Expert/Advanced original or clone with little or no adjustment required.”
Available in pdf for $2.00, you can also check out the mags blog, here.
The winners of the Fight On! Fiction Contest, have been announced. We'll soon see these stories in print, in a Swords & Sorcery anthology called Weird Enclaves and Black Pits.
The Redoubtable James Maliszewski, is in the process of putting together a supplement release of his Megadungeon, Dwimmermount! For a preview of some maps, check out this post.
Blair at Planet Algol has been hard at work on his upcoming supplement, The Iridium Plateau. He's put out an NPC Generation file, preview. Also, a Master Index of Planet Algol resources.
Brave Halfling Publishing has announced that it will be publishing an edition of X- plorers. A full line of supplements is coming as well! X-plorers has been very well received by Old School gamers, so this news should tickle a lot of folks, out there.
Free Downloads
The Awesome Jason Vey, has done it again! He’s taken the Barsoom work posted on the OD&D Discussion Forum, by a gentleman named “Doc” and formatted it into a Warriors of Mars supplement, available on his site. “Doc’s” work is based on the original TSR supplement. Utterly, fantastically, cool! While you’re visiting Mr. Vey’s site, be sure to check out his Conan supplements, as well as the pdf formatted version of Philotomy’s OD&D Musings.
Randall at RetroRoleplaying: The Blog, has released Version 0.1 of Microlite 75, a follow up to Microlite 74, updated to include material from the 0e supplements and some of the author's houserules.
Goblinardo has made a Spanish Translation of Swords & Wizardry Whitebox.
MightyCthulhu has put up an online character generator, based on the Swords & Wizardry Quickstart.
Some Blogoverse News
James Mishler has started an Old School blog, James Games, where he's posting about his new B/X campaign. He also has one of the coolest banners, I've ever seen!
Head over to Jeff’s Gameblog for a review of The Cursed Chateau by James Maliszewski.
Scottsz has rebooted and relocated his daily blogosphere news report. If you haven't checked out Old School Jump, head on over for daily links to outstanding OSR related posts.
Flynn of In Like Flynn, has a review of World of Onn: Core Rules.
Redbeard has been reporting on his experiences, playing The Pod Caverns of the Sinister Shroom by Matthew Finch!
Daddy Grognard has an Alignment Poll up! So far, CE is getting no love, at all! Stop by and declare your allegiance. I'm really interested in seeing the results.
In Other News
More News on the North Texas RPG Convention! Norman at Troll and Flame, reported on a raffle, which doesn't require attendance at the con. Looks like some cool stuff! Also, Timeshadows left us the following message, in the comments of last week's News:
“I'd like to add that I (Kyrinn S. Eis) have two Urutsk: World of Mystery adventure sessions up on the North Texas RPG Convention site.
* Friday (1800-2400 Hours): Precipitation
* Saturday (same time-slot): Democracy
No prior familiarity with the system or setting is necessary. Bring a pencil, and your polyhedral dice (at least 2d12).”
The more I hear about this con, the more I really, really want to head to Texas!
The position may already have been filled, but Mr. James Raggi has put out a call for a character sheet designer. He's offering a free copy of the box as payment. I tried to talk my wife into sending something, but alas, she declined. She makes awesome character sheets. Perhaps I should have made clearer, how much money it could have ended up saving us.
Episode III of I Hit It With My Axe, premiered Wednesday. Down in the Hole.
Daniel Proctor has announced that the Advanced Edition Companion should be arriving in local hobby stores in May!
What I'm Pimping This Week!
A couple of weeks ago, I added a new widget on my left-hand column: What I'm Pimping This Week! Just so there's no confusion, no one has asked me to pimp anything. It's just what I do! These will always be products which I own a copy of and want to give some exposure. This week, I'm pimping The Majestic Wilderlands by Robert Conley. It's a Popular Copper Pick on RPGNOW and the author has recently posted some sales figures for the supplement, which may be of interest. The pdf is $7.00 and A Lulu Print copy is also available, for $12.00.
That’s it for now…
Send any news to dmkastmaria(at)gmail(dot)com.

Good reporting.
ReplyDelete--Thanks. :)
My pleasure, Timeshadows!
ReplyDeleteThanks James, keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteHi Blair. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThe "pimping this week" is a great idea, hope you don't mind me stealing it.
ReplyDeleteMost weeks I spend too much time reading blogs and what not. But, you always report on several things I've missed. Really great work and thanks!
Thanks Norman! And steal away.
ReplyDelete