One of my gifts also contributed to the White Christmas vibe!
I knew I was getting this, after letting my wife know that Brave Halfling was getting close to selling out of the 3rd printing of the Swords & Wizardry Whitebox Edition Box Set. She promptly teamed-up with my little boy and this is what Brisco got me for Christmas! I have a good son!
I love Mark Allen's illustrations on the box and booklet covers.
John recently reported that for 2010, he sold 540 of the Boxed Sets and 107 of the single volume print editions. The free PDF was downloaded over 3,000 times.
That Rocks! There's 540 little White Boxes, packed with Awesome, out there!
Dice!
I like the character sheets, but I think a large logo at the top would be a nice idea.
So, rulebooks, dice, pencil, character sheets and Matt Finch's Primer. I'm all set, baby! I think I might try to talk the wife into a Whitebox one-on-one game. :)

My favourite incarnation of S&W. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHi Sean - thanks!
ReplyDeleteHi John - :)
ReplyDeleteGo Brisco and your wife. Very very nice. And a white Christmas to boot. Life is good.
ReplyDeleteHowdy Happy Whisk - Yes it is!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like an awesome box set. I need to look into that Game now as well. Always too many games, too little time.
ReplyDeleteHowdy Shinobicow - Yup!
ReplyDeleteMy wife typically punts on the gifts these days and just gets me gift cards. I took matters into my own hands and snagged a copy of the boxed set myself. It is indeed swanky.
ReplyDeleteI am now also doubly intrigued by the White Box.
ReplyDelete(On a sidenote, and not to be snarky, but: I just started reading Leiber for the first time a few weeks ago and I didn't envision Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser [who I understood to wear GRAY] looking like these two wooden chumps on the left. What publisher is this edition from?)
Very nice. The S&W White Box is indeed a gorgeous product. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteThanks Johnathan!
ReplyDelete@ The Dungeoneering Dad - Swanky indeed!
@ Spawn of Endra - It's the cover from a SFBC Omnibus edition. No, not the best cover in the world, but it's the edition on my shelf, so...
Being a vampire has certain limitations, but it can also be a ton of fun. Your extra strengths and abilities can make you successful in almost every endeavor you participate in and before you know it the money and acquaintances will come streaming in. You can build wealth and gain prestige and notoriety and attempt things you may never have even considered as a human. One thing you will definitely have more of is time. Beef up your education and learn all you every wanted to. Travel the world to see things most people only ever see on TV This is going to be especially fun if you turned to share your life with one of us. Let us show you the wonders of the world. Learn new languages, go skydiving or scuba dive with sharks, visit the African safari. You no longer need to be scared of nature or wildlife – you will have become the worlds strongest predator. Have fun with it and your life as a vampire can be more fulfilling than you ever dreamed. Explore, experiment, experience and get excited. There’s a big world out there with lots to see and do and as a vampire, you can do it all. If your dream is to become a powerful person in life contact: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com
ReplyDelete