Mythmere posted this a little while ago and I'm jumping on the band wagon!
There's no way I could list everyone. So, first thanks to all of you guys, bloggers too! This list is by no means exhaustive.
I'll start by thanking Matt Finch and everyone who helped him create Swords & Wizardry. I found S&W the day I found the OSR. It was the first clone I ever read and when I did so, I fell in love with old school gaming, all over again. It was the first clone I ever played, as well. Thanks Matt!
Thanks to Stuart Marshall, Matt again and all the guys at the K&K Alehouse, for OSRIC. Damn, but OSRIC's just so... majestic! (I just realized I stole majestic from James Maliszewski, as well.) Awesome!
Thanks to Robert S. Conley for Blackmarsh! Very nice!
Thanks to Stefan Poag and Dragonsfoot for bringing us The Endless Tunnels of Enlandin. I want to run this. Cool module. Cool art, from Mr. Poag, of course.
Thanks to ChicagoWiz, for the Swords & Wizardry Quick Start, which I'm in the midst of running. Good Times!
Thanks to Courtney Campbell for Psionics, which is impressive as all hell, just like his other stuff!
Thanks to Greg Christopher for Errant and all the other free games, he works so hard to produce!
I'd better keep the blogger thanks short. There's like 400 of you guys, out there. Thank you one and all. I'm going to single out James Maliszewski, Jeff Rients, Zak S., Sham Bowman, Trey Causey, Dyson Logos and Al Krombach, for consistent, high quality, inspirational and very useful posts! Thanks! And please, keep it coming!






Thanks James
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome, but the best thanks to me is reading your recaps of the Quick Start and hearing that you guys are having awesome fun.
ReplyDeleteYES!
ReplyDeleteThank you do those good people listed here and to everyone that offers their time and creations to the OSR :)
And thanks to you for posting them. I just downloaded the Endless Tunnels!
ReplyDeleteI second the Endless Tunnels of Enladin. One of my favorite downloaded adventure mods.
ReplyDeleteI'd like to toss out thanks to Dan Proctor of Goblinoid Games for the free editions of Labyrinth Lord, Advanced Edition Companion and Mutant Future. The artless editions are still available free of charge at GG.
ReplyDeleteDon't forget the free playtest rules for the Prequel To Empire of The Petal Throne Game ~ Human Space Empire available here http://ixians.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteI didn't even scratch the surface! I'm counting on you guys to take up my slack! :)
ReplyDelete@Prof. Pope - Very Cool! That's one of the main reasons this blog exists!
Kudos to Kevin Crawford & "Stars Without Number", which is kinda sorta not really OSR but is kinda anyway and who really cares 'cause it's a frickin' nifty game any way you slice it.
ReplyDeleteThanks James. I think no matter what I do, my stuff will always be free to you.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThanks, James! And thanks for all you do. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say The Underdark Gazette is the informational hub of this community--or at least as close as we're likely to get. :)
ReplyDelete