Friday, January 15, 2010

More Odds & Ends

I don’t care for the way yesterday’s random divinity, turned out. Truth is, I’m not sure a Nomad culture will even be featured in the campaign. Also, I should have put some more time into it, but, my creative juices were a bit sluggish, last night. The Halfling one, I’m keeping.

The redoubtable James Maliszewski posted some words about his developing campaign, today. More or less, it’s the type of approach I’m wanting to take. A spontaneous development of the campaign world, brought about by, and brewed in, the synergistic interactions of the DM and the Players. I just need to restrain myself from going too far, with the initial developmental work. Daddy Grognard posted some of his campaign material today, where he’s working from the top down. Be sure to Check it out.

320_7541600 I’ve added a few new blogs, to the ever-growing, monstrous blogroll; of particular interest, is World of Onn, James Bobb’s blog. Mr. Bobb is the author of World of Onn: Supplement 1, a supplement for Swords & Wizardry. I picked this up over the holidays and so far, I’m quite pleased with my purchase. Available in print & pdf, the supplement features alternate rules, classes, spells, monsters, etc. It also has some very charming illustrations. I haven’t finished it, but, so far, it’s been a pleasure to read and there’s a lot of nice material, for use in S&W and other Old School games.

If I’m not too lazy, I’m going to work a little more on some hexmapping, as well as the key for The Demesne of the Iron Lich, over the weekend. I also have a review, coming up, so, till later…

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation there, James. I'm looking into Lulu on your advice as well; could be a very good idea. There will be more campaign stuff in a week or two, possibly sooner. I've decided that I need to do the theology mythos by mythos rather than try and cram in a very sketchy overview.

    PS I liked the evil hobbits a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing it. Mythos is my favorite part of campaign worlds. :)

    ReplyDelete