Saturday, January 30, 2010

That Rarest of Finds, The Lady in Shining Armor

As opposed to a chain-mail bikini. The art below is copyrighted by the respective artists and used without permission.

ashb

me_woman_in_black sorscha0021

captain_of_the_watch_488

 WP_Elspeth_1280X1024

Serra_Angel

Allright, this last picture’s doesn’t fit the theme, but, I think it’s too cool not to share.

Come and Get Me

15 comments:

  1. Good finds Jim.

    All but #1 still go for the (stupid, dangerous) boob-plates aesthetic though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's to say if women actually got around to making armor for themselves in ancient times that they wouldn't have accentuated their physique in their breast plates (no pun intended)? Romans and Greeks as well as a few other cultures used armor formed int othe shape of a torso.

    As for the last pic, it makes a nice statement about the chainmail bikini - if you aren't going to wear proper armor, you are better off without armor at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris! A couple of years ago, I spent many, many hours, trying to find some Fighting-Women who weren't dressed like Red Sonja. I like Red Sonja, but, I was looking for some more sensibly outfitted warriors. That's just about all I could find and my web search skills, rock.

    Hi Eli Arndt! Breast Plates (snicker.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Timeshadows! Credit for Inspiration goes to Daddy Grognard. He was looking for some pics of this type, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi James; kudos for finding these. I'll add them to my collection. Not sure if there are copyright issues with using them in a published version of Elesalia (I don't want to be known as the new Outlaw Press) but they'll be nice to have anyway.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're looking for someone to do some work for a publishing release, a good way to find an artist you like, might be to look through some issues of Fight On! and then ask the editor to help you get in touch with any artists, whose work catches your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reflections in first are great. But, wtf is she holding that sword bizarly contorted fashion?

    And the ladies in the 2nd BW one and red/giant shield one are waaaaay hotter than any bikini bimbo. It's all about curves, stance, attitude and a little mystique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Norman! The artist was probably doing a little bit of experimenting in the first picture. Yeah, the Lady in red, with the large shield, is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful. Those gals always find time between meleés for a bit of mascara and lippy. I loved the last one - featuring the useful 'boobs of distraction' (opponent automatically loses initiative).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dungeonmum! Welcome to the Underdark Gazette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Dungeonmum - reminds me of Topless Motorcycle Girl in Viz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ James - thank you, happy to be here! a friend of mine just did some portraits of our PCs and sadly the only female is not in shining armour, but she does have boobs of distraction (she's the one who coined the phrase). http://dungeonmum.blogspot.com/

    @ DG - haha! better that than the fat slags!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice selection - I like the last one because of the "Am I Bovvered?" pose
    (Boobs of Distraction notwithstanding!)....B-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) Thanks to everyone for your comments!

    ReplyDelete